[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - MOSFETs. How to switch off?

MOSFETs. How to switch off?

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

MOSFETs. How to switch off?

Postby mael » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:39 am

Using a MOSFET as an on/off switch (for me) is OK providing it isn't required to be done at high speed.

I can use a resister between gate and source.

And I've also tried using resistive loads at speeds of 50 - 100 on/offs per min. When I do this it of course needs more power to drive the gate because of the path to source.

What might be better? A transistor cut-off? A bigger drive and big resister?

* I don't have a 'proper' MOSFET driver.

* I will be satisfied if the MOSFET can switch hard-on to hard off about 50 times / sec. - I'll progress up from there later when I can do it properly at a slow speed.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 am

IRF540N

Gate to Source: Insert/ Connect 1 MEGA-OHM RESISTOR.

Supply 5 volts to the gate, it switches ON, when the 5 volts is removed, it switches off.

Rated at 30 AMPS 100 Volts. Pretty durable little unit. I use them on my battery controller. See here:

http://www.oupower.com/index.php?dir=_O ... Controller

The picture doesn't show the resistors because they are behind the Switching Mosfets, and if I took it from the other direction, it would show it.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

MosFet Gate Drive requirements

Postby SeaMonkey » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Mael,

You may also want to download which is very informative.

You'll find more available too.

Happy reading!
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:07 am

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:29 am

I will sell the boards, empty, with the Micro-processor, programmed and ready to have the other components soldered on for $120.00 USD.

This would be for the board and the chip, with a shopping list, places to get parts, and a connection diagram, assembly instructions.

A completed board would be ready to connect, and have all the components installed, tested for operation, programmed, and fully functional for $500 USD.

The only 2 components that are considered Intellectual Property are the board and the chip, and I choose to not have these boards manufactured in China for the reasons of "cheapness" because I believe that the process I choose to use allows the inventor/ tinkerer/ builder to make money building and selling these boards to the locals in their area.

Maybe you could profit in your area by finishing the boards and selling them/ installing them?

I do have a PayPal Account now. To send money (if you want one) use my e-mail address for the recipient of the funds.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:31 am

I also note that the prior post was the first "advertised" product on this board, with a price, by myself. I am unsure of any restrictions that the admin has on this, if any restrictions are in place.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby cwaugs » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:43 am

America don't run on gas, it runs on greed
cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 pm

Hey,

Alaskastar2000 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

(fix the address to make it work....)

basically my e-mail address is the same as the paypal address.

Are you wanting a kit, or a complete unit?

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby cwaugs » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:01 pm

cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:50 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby cwaugs » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am

Sorry Sir, but I just ain't that smart, and ain't that rich either! |:)
cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:17 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Return to Electronics, Circuits & PIC Chips