[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - question for bob and chris

question for bob and chris

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

question for bob and chris

Postby jonjon » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:48 am

i have been studying your larger, impresive, electrolysers and dont understand.
i can not see how you passs the electric charge to the alternate plates(electodes). i noted the wires wleded to either end plate but cant understand how the electrolyser functions, as i cant see the way the alternate electrodes are charged. prob something real simple.
in awe
jon

oh yes, another question for chris, how have the experiments with the cereal containers gone?
i was messing around with my setup (which involves a small cereal container as water vessel), but cant achieve enough pressure to send gas through a singl bottled bubbler setup. so gave up with bubbler and attached noslle(pen tip). i was using to attemptin a burn (torch) test, nd attempted to light that, got a rather loud bang and nice fire ball, while the lighter was still3 inches from outlet, i assume it was the surounding gas escapimng from my poorly sealled vessel and thus an exterior explosion. rather fdangerous but funny.
so i assumed id cleared the excess gas with this explsion thought itd be safe to light burner once more. this time managed to get burner lit for 3 second and then bang, this time blowing the lid right off and water all over me.
so back to my question how are you sealling your cereal boxes?
oh and it was just standard tap water. no potasium burns for me thank christ.
jonjon

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis