[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Using buoyancy of HHO to get > 100% efficiencies

Using buoyancy of HHO to get > 100% efficiencies

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Using buoyancy of HHO to get > 100% efficiencies

Postby paul » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Re: Using buoyancy of HHO to get > 100% efficiencies

Postby chemelec » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:52 pm

chemelec

I suppose I shouldnt have used the term "boiling" its just that I have heard it used in so many videos.

Michael Faraday has shown that 1 litre of HHO can be produced in 1 hour using 2.34 watts of electricity.

and water expands 1800 times durring conversion into HHO.

1800 hours x 2.34 watts = 4212 watt hours
or 4.212 kWh

1 litre of water weighs 2.205 pounds

2.205 ft/lbs converts to 2.98 watts/second

if the 1 litre container is under water it will have a upward force of
2.205 lbs.

and it can exert this upward force for every foot it can travel upwards
under water.

we used 4.212 kWh to empty the 1 litre container.

now we can get that 4.212 kWh of electricity back.

suppose it is allowed to travel upwards for 1800 feet.

we would get 2.205 lbf x 1800 feet = 3969 ft/lbs

3969 ft/lbs converts to 5381.24 watts / second
or 5.3 kWh

it cost 4.2 kWh
we get back 5.3 kWh

oh and we still have the 1800 litres of HHO to burn in our generators.

it just doesnt cost anything.

[/url]
paul
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:08 pm

I got that wrong above
it looks like 1 watt = 44.25 ft-lbf/minute

so if the 2.205 lb upward force of the container lifted to the 1800 ft height in only 1 minute , it would only equal 89.68 watts.

so its back to the drawing board , glad I didnt build one LOL.

but you learn as you go.

hmmm , an hour is a long time just to make 1 litre of HHO.
I see room for quicker gas production , but that will cost more electricity.
maybe if I can find a way to use the 1800 litres of gas produced in the hour instead of the last 1 litre.

I could get (1800 x 89.68 = 161,424 watts) out of the 4200 watts
if I let one litre rise to the top every minute for 30 minutes.

interesting.

maybe the pressure generated durring electrolysis would push water out of the containers at the bottom.
paul
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:30 pm

I got that wrong above , I need to use the preview message button since theres no edit button , anyway.

I would need to let 1 litre rise each minute for 1800 minutes, sorry.
so over a 30 hour period I would get back 161 kW
and every hour I would get back 5.3 kW/hour

I think thats right.
paul
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:33 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:01 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:57 am

paul
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:16 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 am

Most Heatsinks are made of Aluminum.
Copper Heatsinks are BETTER, But Rare and EXPENSIVE.

Stainless Steel is Not a very good conductor of heat, so its not very useful as a heatsink. I Doubt anyone makes them.

Its Not practical to put an Aluminum or copper Heatsink INSIDE your Cell.
The KOH will eat it away.
On the Outside is Good, Especially on the Sides.
Bottom, not so good as Heat Rises.

A Good Heatsink is Extruded metal, All one piece without any joins.
So making them out of pieces of metal bolted together is not as efficient.

But YES, Your other suggestions are practical and will help to keep it Cooler.

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis